Monday, October 6, 2014

Birthday month 30-day writing challenge: Day 6....



Just got home from the movies. I don't usually like to have a late evening if there is work the following day. Tonight was a very rare moment. Haha!

Since I only have 30 minutes left to my self-imposed deadline for zzz-ing, I should make this post really short and quick.

Day 6: What band or musician is most important to you?

This is another toughie.

Instead of naming just one band or musician, I think I'll just name one genre I really love - show tunes. Haha! Could I be more stereotypical?

Blame it on The Sound of Music. When I was growing up, the entire family and relatives from my Mom's side would always, always watch Maria and the Von Trapp children every Christmas. This became some kind of tradition. It didn't take long before I started to know all the songs by heart. Hahah!

In addition to this, I have been blessed to be surrounded by friends who also love musicals and friends who are in the theatre industry.

As a result, I frequently watched musicals produced by Philippine production companies. It's tough to name just one favourite musical. Haha! But I guess I would have to say that I'm a Renthead. Jonathan Larson is a genius and it's just sad that he was gone too soon. In any case, I thank him for Rent and tick... tick... BOOM.

And then of course, there are all the other great minds who came up with the best musicals ever. I'm really glad to have had the opportunity to see many of these shows.

However, I must admit I am still dreaming of watching a musical in New York. Hopefully, that will happen next year. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment