Saturday, October 18, 2014

Birthday month 30-day writing challenge: Day 17...



Just got back a few minutes ago.

With no firm plans for tonight, I just messaged Richie and Mon if they were free for dinner tonight. As I expected, both were game to meet up.

I didn't want to go to Orchard since we've been going there the past few times that we met up. Marina Square was an option although it is also quite a frequented place. I suggested we have dinner somewhere at City Hall. Richie then suggested we go to the somewhat newly renov'd Chijmes for drinks and chit chat post-dinner.

The three of us met around 730 and had dinner at Comnam, which was right beside Nam Nam at the basement of Raffles City. I had a curry chicken on broken rice. Hmmm, it was so so. I think I'll try something else next time.

What I enjoyed most about tonight was the chillax time at Chijmes. We settled for one of the wine bars in the inner courtyard. Richie and Mon shared a bottle of wine. I'm staying away from alcohol, given that I'm going for a health screening next week. I will admit that I miss drinking. Haha! I miss having that tipsy feeling. I don't miss waking up with excruciating pain on my left ankle. Haha!

Anyway, while Richie and Mon enjoyed their wine, I went for ice cream and a glass of non-alcoholic mojito. The mojito was actually enjoyable. I think I'll have it again next time.

HB Boy had a company event at Marina Bay Sands. We didn't make any plans tonight, but we did agree to touch base with each other in case both our commitments finish early. That way, we can take the train heading back together. However, I was ready to head back a little past 10. He was still at his company event. Ergo, I went ahead of him. Hopefully, he and I can catch up this weekend.

It's an enjoyable Friday night. Mon and I agreed that it was great we were out on a Friday night, instead of being at home doing laundry. That was both our plans for tonight. Lol!

#TitasofSG

To end this post, I'm going to give a brief answer to today's writing assignment: What do you want to be when you get older?

Hmm, given that I already feel old, I guess I have to write about me 30 or 40 years from now. Hmm, I want to be a happily retired man, preferably partnered, who spent the last 4 decades of his life working hard, seeing different parts of the world, doing good deeds to the people around him and the society he belongs to, and just enjoying the last few years of life on earth. Lol! How about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment