Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Filipino food... finally...

Last Sunday turned out to be quite a happy day.

While browsing Instagram a few days ago, I found out that there was a Philippine festival in Hibiya Park over the weekend.

The first thing that came to mind was food!!!

So, I messaged Dean and asked if he and Ryan would like to check out the event. Thankfully, they also planned to go to the event. Yay!

We met up at Yurakucho around 3. From there, we walked to the nearby park. It was my first time to see such a large gathering of Filipinos in Tokyo. Hehe.

Naturally, there was a long queue at all the food stalls. We figured the taste would be the same everywhere soooo we just headed for the stall with the shortest queue.

After buying the stuff, we looked for an area that wasn't too crowded. There, we had a mini-feast.

Lechon kawali, liempo, caldereta, sisig, lumpiang shanghai, rice! Woohoo! For dessert, we got halo halo! It was super!

I hope there would be another event like that in the near future.

For now, I'm just happy with the feast we had!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had tasty food from home!
    I love your Filipino dishes and desserts while living in Makati for a week.
    I have tasted food from all corners of Asia but the Filipino food is so different cos it has a nice mixture of Asian & Spanish Mediterranean touch.

    Mabuhay Clayman-San!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks! I really miss Filipino food. Haha! I also miss Singaporean/Malaysian dishes!

      Fortunately, there are quite a number of Singaporean food places here.

      Delete