Friday, December 26, 2008

And Christmas was spent like this...

How was your Christmas day celebration?

Mine was spent at my Lolo's house in Diliman. That's how every Christmas has been for the past 29 years. The only thing that's changing are the cast of characters. My Lolo's passed away, so it's just my Mom and her siblings. Some of the siblings are abroad so only their families are there. Others are a no show. Some of my nephews and nieces have grown already, I barely recognize most of them. I keep confusing one niece with her older sister. That just goes to show that I need to make an appearance in future family gatherings. Hahaha!

Being Kapampangans, there was SO much food --- so much unhealthy food. Nyahahaha! I was looking for fish but there wasn't any. Except for the pasta with tuna and olives, every other dish is a guarantee to clog one's arteries. Hehehe! But again, us being Kapampangans, of course every dish was superb. If there's one thing that my Mom and my aunts got from my Lolo and their ancestors, it's being able to cook yum dishes.

From my Lolo's house, I headed to Gateway to get some plastic crates. One of my projects for the long holiday break is to do some decluttering in my room. Need to make it appear like a room again instead of a storage room, which is how it currently looks like. Hahaha! Magazines, books, tons of paper are all over the place. And then the art pieces I got a couple of years ago are on a wall but the way they were arranged would make Thom Filicia commit suicide. Hahaha! Pack rat that I am, there's just too much junk to get rid of, but I don't want to get rid of them.

Hay, I need an Ikea or Daiso or Muji fairy godfather.

I was able to get some crates from Shopwise. Handyman has some expensive crates, but service was bad so I stepped out. Daiso, yes Daiso, has a store in Araneta Center but they didn't have the size that I want but there are other goodies to get. Shopwise, ah Shopwise, is the solution. In less than ten minutes, I was able to get what I needed and I was out of the supermarket. Plus, the staff were super friendly. I hope the rumors that Shopwise Cubao will close isn't true. Hay!

When I got home, it was time to open some presents from people. All the gifts were nice, but I only kept a few. Eeeep! Is that bad? I still don't know what to do with the other gifts, but I think that it's better that someone else gets them rather than let them accumulate dust in a dark corner, right?

Anyway, so that's it. How was your Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment