Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The people that make the trip memorable...

Getting ready for Sentosa with Lloyd.

Pahinungod invades SG! Hanging out with Joi and Jean.

Starbucks with OFW goddess Rej. Hahaha!

CS proves it's a small world. With JB CSers Marco and Alan.

Late dinner at Jalan Alor with (from top left) CK my super nice host, Joey, Jon and Sabiqa

One of the reasons that really made me push for the Singapore trip was Richie offering his place for me to stay.Knowing that Richie would put me up at his place was one reason I went ahead and booked a ticket. The schedule that I got was also good because I got to celebrate his birthday with him. He had a special birthday I think. A music icon flew all the way from Down Under just to perform for Richie's birthday. Hehe! (Kylie had a concert on Nov. 25.) Then, Mrs. V cooked a super, super yum dinner of seafood for us and I can't believe that we finished everything. Hahaha! Friend, thank you, thank you super for having me at your place. Hope to see you again soon.

Then, there's Jean and Joi - friends from Pahinungod. Both are in SG in search of greener pastures, so to speak. Without them, I would be lost around SG and I have no photos to prove that I was indeed in SG. Hehe! Thank you for putting up with your camwhore friend.

I was also really happy because I got to hang out with Rej and Lloyd - friends I made while in my present workplace. I have to thank Lloyd for the Sentosa treat and Rej for the Starbucks treat. Hehe! Too bad I didn't get to see my other former colleague from Smart, Joann.

Then in KL, there are the couchsurfers who made the KL trip much more memorable. To be thanked first and foremost is CK - for the kindness and for accepting a stranger into his nice, warm home. Then there's Sabiqa, Joey and Jon who I got to hang out with during the dinner. And also Leeping and Alex, who I didn't get to meet but still "welcomed" me to KL.

And even on the flight back to Manila, I made new friends through couchsurfers Alan, Marco and Ivy from Johor Bahru. It was great to have met you guys.

So more than the places, more than the shopping, what really made the trip to SG and KL memorable were the company of people who have been friends for so long and those whom I have just met. Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment