Thursday, December 11, 2008

Crazy over NUM...

Going gaga over NUM stuff at the Wheelock store

The rainbow bears waiting to be adopted

With NUM ambassadors Imran, Kee Wei and Issey

Me love NUM shirts

One of the things I loved about SG is the New Urban Male store. I'm not sure how I found out about it, if it was through Edsel or if I came across it while doing my research for my Singapore trip.

Anyway, the trip to the store was one of the highlights of the shopping part of the trip. Haha! Even if you don't know about the store, it's impossible not to go inside and check out their stuff. The window display and how things are arranged --- organized clutter --- will catch the attention of any "visual" person. Hehe!

Uhm, I got to visit four branches while I was in SG, but the NUM shopping took place on the final day of my visit. There are several items for boys and girls - shirts, bags, flipflops, shorts, accessories, and so on, but I guess my favorites are the NUM shirts and the rainbow teddy bears. The bears above are from the store in Wheelock. I went to the stores in Heeren and Novena Square, but it's not available. Cute bears, huh? They have this "adopt-me-please" look. Hahaha!

As for the shirts, I was only planning on buying one but I ended up getting "a couple." Hehehe! The one above is going to get me into trouble with my Mom (haha!), while the other two will, uhm, I'm not sure. But NUM's statement shirts are really nice. I like that it's unapologetic and somewhat irreverent. Haha!

And then, the sales guys are also part of the "store concept." (Sorry, I don't mean to make it sound as if they are products.) They're called ambassadors, and when you visit the different NUM stores, you'll see that there's something common among them. Anyway, the guys who were at the Wheelock store at that time were Kee Wei, Imran and Issey. Uhm, they're really nice and helpful (because they're sales people?).

I wish there was a NUM store in Manila, and I asked if they are planning to bring it here (no franchiser yet), but then thinking about it now, that would be one reason less to go to Singapore again, which I don't want because I heart SG super. Haha!

Check out the NUM site --- www.newurbanmale.com and their blog --- http://235guys.blogspot.com/.

And if you're shameless (or daring???) like Edsel and me, you can sing praises about NUM and if you're lucky, you just might find your photo on their site. Hehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment