Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Carlo said, 'It's because we're neither...'


Hung out with Carlo last Friday. We were supposed to watch The Day the Earth Stood Still, but ended up watching an indie film. Hehe! The thing with Carlo, me and indie films is that we would always have a love it/hate it discussion at the end of the film. I can't count the times that Carlo wanted to kill me because I dragged him to some indie film, so when he told me that he did like the film we watched to a certain degree, I was pleasantly surprised. Hehe!

Carlo is one of the people I rarely see, but he's also one of the very few I will entrust my life with and open up to. (Haha! Yuck, drama!) We've seen each other through quite a lot and that's one big reason why I love the guy so much. (Hahaha! Yuck, more drama!)

What I enjoy the most about getting together with this guy is that we never seem to run out of things to talk about - from the most trivial to topics of great significance. Hehe! Rarely do I have this kind of conversation dynamics with a person, so I'm really happy every time I get to hang out with Carlo Pogi.

Last Friday, after the movie and while we were walking along Julia Vargas (I think) looking for a cab for me, our talk went into relationships. I was telling him how I noticed that my thoughts on relationships seem to have changed in the last few years. Then there's the question on being single. Hahaha! At the risk of sounding like Carrie Bradshaw, I asked Carlo to share his thoughts on his and my current status in Friendster, Facebook, Multiply and all the other social networking sites. Hahaha!

And this is what he said (or something like this). "Hmm, I think it's because in the social environment we are in, we're neither "<*****>" nor "<*****>." That makes it difficult for "people" to read us." I reply, "So, it's our fault, yeah?" To which he said, "Yeah, to a certain extent."

Hmmm, we could have talked further about the thoughts he shared, which I found quite interesting, but then a good cab arrived and we had to part ways already after a big hug. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment