Saturday, December 27, 2008

The nice thing about a holiday break is

The nice thing about the holiday break is that you get to do things you don't normally get to do on a toxic work week. Haha!

Things like meeting up with friends or spending some "me" time, yeah?

Yesterday, I met up with good friends from Magsaysay - May, Shy, Cathy, Lenly and Benj. We went on a road trip and I'm really glad that the girls invited me. Much, much appreciated. Met up with them at Times Plaza a little after 10. Traffic in Cavite was kinda bad though so we reached Tagaytay past noon.

We were supposed to have lunch at Leslie's or RSM, but after the horrible traffic (augh!) we decided to drive further and ended up at a restaurant called Viewsite. The place was okay. We were able to get a table that gave us a view of Taal Volcano. Hehe! And since we were all hungry (no breakfast at all), we ordered way too much food. There was adobong pusit, lechon kawali, ensaladang talong and maalat na itlog, bulalo, inihaw na tuna belly, pinakbet and inihaw na tawilis. Hahaha! It was good enough to feed an entire family!!! The more surprising thing was we finished everything. Hahaha! We were that hungry!

From Tagaytay, we drove off to Enchanted Kingdom. Apparently, everyone thought the same thing. Hahaha! EK was super crowded, and what I really found annoying was that there were all these kids - toddlers and babies - who obviously wouldn't appreciate any of the rides. I don't know what their parents were thinking. Hahaha! Sorry, if I'm being such a whiner. I think it comes with ageing. Haha! Still, it was a good trip with the girls. I missed them super so it was great hanging out with all of them, even if we were all dead tired. Haha!

Today, I went on a "me" time thing. Needed to get a couple of stuff, and even before the holiday break started, I was already scheduling a shopping trip. Today, that happened and the scene of the crime was the Shangri-la Mall. Haha! I brought a to-buy list, and I'm glad that I was able to stick to it. Okay, fine, I added an item or two, but I still stayed within my budget. Woohoo! And by that we mean there's some cab fare left. Haha! Just kidding.

A pat on the back is deserved because I found the strength to walk away from a Comme des Garcons bag that was on sale. I stepped out of the neighboring stores empty handed. That's quite an achievement. At least, I wouldn't go hungry in the next few months. Harhar!

Seriously, I think that what happened today was good because there was some change. Had I gone to another mall, I would have fallen into my routine. I would have gotten the same pair of shoes that I got two years ago from the same store. I would have looked for the same pair of jeans from the same store where the ex got it five years ago, I think. I would have bought the same leather wallet from the same store where I got my current wallet four years ago.

There's probably a good and bad side to this behavior, yeah? The good thing is that stores will love me because I'm a good, loyal returning customer. I have the tendency to go back for the same item to the same store, if I find a product to be really good. That's the partly the bad thing, I suppose. Because I'm comfortable with that product already, I don't tend to check out what else is out there. I don't try to experiment. And I stay with the old. Not that I have a problem with it, since most of the pieces I choose are classic and are wearable for years. Still, it's good to have a little change every once in a while, right?

Tomorrow, I'm planning to meet some CSers. A CSer from Osaka is flying in, and I'm quite sure it's going to be another nice CS get-together.

How's your holiday break going so far? Photos from the EK trip to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment