Friday, July 3, 2009

Finding the LSQC boys again...

Photobucket

This used to be my playground

Photobucket

The boys with our beloved rector then, Fr. Ed Tiamson

While visiting the Facebook pages of some friends, I came across one album of LSQC circa 90s with my classmates.

I was glad to see that the photos were tagged so I got to visit the FB pages of my classmates from grade school. Woohooo! I can't recall the last time I ever heard from these guys, so it was really nice getting reconnected to the LSQC boys through FB.

I spent seven years of my life in LSQC, and next to UP, I have to say that my days in LSQC have got to be the best. I really enjoyed the classes tremendously (haha, nerdo!) and I thought the teachers did a really good job in educating us.

Back then, I wasn't a big fan of the LSQC life. There is nothing more competitive than an all-boys school. Haha! It didn't help that I couldn't play basketball, or that I never wanted to get involved in these games that would get me detention. Hehe! But looking back now, LSQC is to be thanked for the great academic foundation.

Back to my classmates, I was surprised to see that most of the guys are already married and with kids. Married with kids. Gawd! It feels like it was only yesterday when we were still playing cops and robbers at the quadrangle.

I still remember them very much. There was Romero who was my regular lunch buddy along with Reyes. There's Navarro who was my (then) serious seatmate for years. There's Mamaradlo who I would play trivia games with during lunch. There's Rabatan who led the Dungeons & Dragons playing at noon. There's Carasig who had the largest GI Joe figure collection I've ever seen. There's Novenario who almost got me into trouble with the Discipline Office. Haha!

And now, the guys I practically grew up with are husbands and/or fathers.

I never really saw myself getting married immediately after college. It doesn't have anything to do with the "self-realization" I had in college. It's just that I had an idea how difficult it must be to get married and raise a family, so marriage and parenting weren't in my immediate plans. (This doesn't mean though that I don't want to get married or that I have no plans to get married. Cheesy person that I am, I will tie the knot with or without the legal recognition. Will talk about this some other time. Haha!)

I wonder who among my classmates turned out to be in the same boat that I am. I know for sure that him and him would. Hehe! I wonder what about him. He was always nice and fun to hang out with. Haha!

Man, talk about memories, huh. Nakaka-miss din pala ang grade school.

And for getting to bump into people from my growing up years, I have one more reason thank you Mr. Mark Zuckerberg. Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment