Friday, July 24, 2009

Sunburnt from Bora... as in Norzagaray, BORAcan... Haha!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Who said that corporate communications is always about stressful boardroom meetings, product/service launches at posh hotels, or socials with cocktails and pica-picas?! Haha!

Yesterday, I had to cover the anniversary of our sister company and the venue was at a watershed in Norzagaray, Bulacan.

Initially, I was told that we would just attend the program, which was basically listening to speech after speech after speech. I went in jeans and that blue polo shirt, which is my usual attire when I'm doing coverage that didn't require ultra-proper dressing.

After the event ended, I was ready to go back to the office. Instead, I just found myself rolling up my jeans, going barefoot and getting on a very, very small motorized banca. LOL!

Napa-tree planting na lang talaga ako bigla.

Good thing the boatman was kind enough to lend me his slippers so I didn't have to go barefoot all throughout the day. He didn't need his slippers since he was just going to be on his banca while we planted some seedlings. Uhm, the other employees planted seedlings. I was there to make sure the needed photos were taken. But I did get to plant two saplings. Hahaha!

What I thought would be just a half-day event turned out to be a whole day activity. It was good though.

I've always been in love with the countryside, so it's always a joy whenever these CSR activities come. Haha!

I'm just thankful that I brought extra shirts with me, as well as my kikay man kit so I still got to look proper when I got back at the office.

But man, the skin on my forearms and my face turned into chicharon. Painful and red. Ack!

No comments:

Post a Comment