Tuesday, July 7, 2009

This Keepall is a keeper...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Can I be a bit materialistic with this post?

I've always had a love affairs with bags. I think it started in high school, when I went on a Benetton craze.

I still remember my first Benetton. A cousin gave it to me. It was a blue nylon drawstring backpack, that had a zebra and parrot print on it.

I dunno if the 90s teens would remember that Benetton line, but that was where I got started. I would save the measly allowance that I got, I did some summer work just to feed my craving for a bag.

Last year, I was lucky, very lucky to have been able to get one from this English brand that was popular for its swirly psychedelic colors. Too be honest, I never thought I would one day be able to carry one from that store. So obviously, that bag is very sentimental and is very much a treasured one.

It was because of that purchase that I started to be a bit bolder. Haha! I thought, "Hey, I only dreamt of getting a PS before but that became a reality. Maybe I could dream bigger. Haha!"

Lately, the stud above is the one haunting me in my dreams.

Boys, girls and undecided, meet the Damier Graphite Keepall 55.

It's a reworked version of the original Damier pattern (the one that looks like a checkerboard in brown colors). While the original pattern is man enough, the Graphite is much more masculine and sleek with its black-grey/dark bluish color scheme, yes?

The Damier Graphite line hit the stores in August 2008, and apparently it continues to be a favorite among the brand's very few male buyers. Hehe! Of the different styles, I fell in love with the Keepall. With its size and style, it's going to be versatile - for the gym, at work, for weekend trips, for just because days.

A couple of days ago, I finally had the guts to call the store in GB5 to inquire about it. The price isn't that different from what was listed on Eluxury before the online store closed shop(?). It's vertigo-inducing. Haha! There are only two pieces left, and in my dreams, I'm sure my name's written on one of it. I can already picture my initials A.L.M. stamped on the ID holder. Haha!

I forgot to ask if the Damier Graphite is going to be a permanent line, or at least, if the line would still be in production by 2010. Haha! Maybe by that time I would have saved enough already. Hehe! Or maybe I can forget Cambodge/Vietnam so I can jumpstart my Damier fund. (Just kidding, Wes. Just kidding.)

Oh well, Pinoy that I am, I'll just say, "Bahala na." Maybe I'll eventually get over it. Or maybe I would surprise myself and do the swipe. Eeeep! Is that bad? My Mom would surely castrate me if she found out that I have these thoughts in my head. And I'm sure she's going to kill me if I do make the purchase. Hahaha!

Or I can probably say to her, "Mom, at least I know the Keepall wouldn't break my heart. It's definitely a keeper." (And she'll reply, "Yeah, but it'll break your wallet and I'll break your neck.")

A scene from SATC plays in my head.

Samantha said about the Birkin bag, "Oh, honey, it's not so much the style. It's what carrying it means." "It means you're out 4,000 bucks," Carrie replied.

In this case, "I'm going to be out ----- bucks." Eeeep!

I'm going to take a cold shower now. Or I'll probably put a bucket of crushed ice on a pail of water and stick my head in it to knock some sense in me. Haha!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my memories! Benetton! haha, lahat yata nahumaling dun. pero unang-una sa lahat, nangarap ako magkaroon ng giordano shirt! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! =) Giordano shirt. So true!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. James: It is, yeah?! But the price isn't. Hehe! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i meant the post about the keeper was cute and funny haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Alright, you got me confused there. =)

    ReplyDelete