Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mama, I'll come visit you every day...

Photobucket



As I near my big 3-0, I am slightly contemplating whether I should already consider moving out and renting an el cheapo place near the office.

How do I tell my parents that I'm moving out? Is there

I'm quite sure though that it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

For one, I'm more of a border rather than a resident of our own home. Ever since I was a kid and up until I was in college, I've always been on out of town trips doing volunteer work or for summer camps.

When I started working, the less frequent I stayed at home since I was often on field work in some unknown place in the country.

And then there was that time when I was in a sort of semi-living with someone arrangement, and I was only home during weekends. Haha!

With my present job, there are days when I really, really wish my home was super near to the office because I either finish ultra late at work or I need to be at the office ultra early. The commute to and from my house is driving me nuts sometimes.

Hay, a colleague from another department mentioned that there's an extra room in the place he's renting. Rent is not that bad, and is just one short ride away to work. So I told him I'd go see the place soon.

Uhm, thinking about moving out is a bit scary for me too because I've been so used to the feel of my room. Despite the organized chaos of the stuff in my room, I still enjoy being there. Whereas moving out would mean adjusting to the new place. Not to mention that renting is somewhat similar to money down the drain. Haha!

Hay, we'll see, we'll see. I still have to do a little thinking and number crunching.

This whole thing kind of reminds me of this movie Mambo Italiano, which I loved. Haha! Except that I don't have a "roommate."

2 comments:

  1. i love mambo italiano! haha i saw it back in college and i totally fell in love with it.

    i've been pondering if i should move out, too. parang sayang kasi yung money but at the same time, independence always comes at a price diba?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! aliw ang mambo italiano, no?!

    rent is actually money down the drain, pero iyon na siguro ang trade off for independence. hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete