Monday, September 14, 2009

The quest for the GAP Manila shirt ends...

Photobucket vPhotobucket

I was able to get a Gap Manila shirt.

And this was definitely the highlight of my Sunday. Hehe!

No, the bigger highlight is that I'm back to feeling comfortable in a Medium-sized shirt. Hehehe!

I have Ela, girlfriend of good friend/college blockmate John, to thank big time for making this happen. She's one of the buyers for Gap here in Manila. I want her job. Haha!

A couple of weeks ago, I planned to get the shirt because it looked really nice and I was already picturing myself wearing it when I go to HCM very soon. Hehehe!

I called the Gap store in Glorietta to ask if they had stocks of the shirt, and the sales person said yes.

When I went to the Gap store the following day, I was crestfallen when the sales people told me that the last piece of the shirt has just be sold.

To make things more frustrating, they told me that the shirt was already sold out. Uhm, the Gap buyers didn't place a huge order on the shirt because they just wanted to "test" the sales of the shirt. Apparently, the pieces went flying out of the racks.

So I left the store a little sad, and just asked them to text me once the new shipment arrives some time in October.

I texted John to tell what happened. And he replied, "You should have told me you wanted it. I could've asked Ela to reserve for you. The menswear buyer is also my friend, you know?!"

I told him it was okay and I guess the shirt wasn't meant for me.

Then, while waiting for boarding time at the Iloilo airport yesterday morning, I got the text message from John saying, "Ela got you a shirt. You can drop by the BHS store to get it anytime."

And drop by the BHS store and get it was exactly what I did after I did my gym in the afternoon. Hehe!

Whooopppeee!

By the way, the photo of Mo Twister was lifted from Chuvaness.com's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment