Monday, September 7, 2009

Like a (Malate) virgin again...

Photobucket

Roy and I finally went to Bed together. Wait, that didn't sound right. Hahaha!

Of course, if you play for the team, you'd know that the Bed I was referring to is that club in Malate.

Despite the rains last Saturday, Roy and I met up and did the long overdue Malate gimik.

I just came from a baby shower and was home at 11PM. After finalizing plans with Roy, I was already in Malate a little past midnight.

Hmm, I can't remember the last time I was in Malate. I can't remember the last time I went to Bed.

I felt like I was a Malate virgin again. I have to say that I felt pretty excited as Roy and I walked the familiar streets of Nakpil and Ma. Orosa and made our way to Bed.

The excitement sort of died down as the Bed bouncers parted the curtains (?) that led to the dance floor/bar.

Unless I've been out of the scene that long or it was theme night and the theme was "small talk," I found it really odd that people were all just standing in little groups holding a drink in one hand while chatting with friends.

It was weird. I was half-expecting something similar to an opening scene of Queer as Folk and the set was Babylon. Instead, I was greeted by what almost looked like a product launch (mainly because people were just standing and chatting). Hahaha!

Things changed quickly though and pretty soon, people started moving to the music of the DJ. In a couple of minutes, the place was packed. Roy and I found ourselves a good spot (or maybe a good view?).

The vodka Sprite did great opening remarks for my party mood. A pitcher of Blue Frog made it even better.

I wasn't sure if it was because I haven't been there for the longest time or if it was because I was having so much fun that I didn't notice the hours pass by. One moment, I was just checking out this cute chinito and then, it was already past 5AM.

Uhm, it was a pretty interesting evening/early morning. I bumped into some friends I haven't seen for a long time GA and then Ian. And then I saw one of the guys who goes to the same gym that I go to. And then there are some thoughts on how things were several years ago and how things are now. Don't kill me but I'm a big fan of post-event/experience processing. I got it from the years and years of doing volunteer work. Hehehe!

But I think I'm going to spare myself the "emo" thoughts and just remember that night as a night that I got to reconnect again to the "brotherhood" (So butch! Hahaha!) and assure myself that I still haven't gone the straight path. Hahaha! As if. How could I when I can't kick Prada and LV out of my system?! Hahaha!

Anyway, wondering when the next trip to Malate would be.

2 comments:

  1. congrats! u finally got to go back. i can't seem to, for the life of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, thanks! haha! yes, it was quite good. i did miss the place.

    how come you haven't gone?

    ReplyDelete