Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Faura people get-together...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally, the get-together with Len and Faura friends pushed through.

It was supposed to be last Friday, but because of the rain and crazy schedules of people we had to resched.

Thank heavens and Mr. Manalo that Monday was declared a holiday so that gave us an opportunity to see our dear friend who'll be leaving again for Oz in a week.

The get-together was arranged as early as Saturday. I messaged Ella to ask her about work-related stuff and that led to me messaging other blockmates to tell them about the hang out with Len.

Fast forward to Monday afternoon, there in that really nice restaurant Fely J's at Greenbelt 5, a bunch of people who crossed paths with each other back in 1996 spent several hours catching up.

Present were Lovelynn, Thea, John, Ella and hubby Raymund (also our batchmate from UP) and of course, our balikbayan friend Len. Rey later joined us. No shows were Leah and Christy.

Over fantastic Filipino lunch, we talked about almost everything - college days, relationships, kids (my gosh, kids!), our classmates. It was my longest late lunch I think - four hours. Hahaha! Good thing Fely J's wasn't that crowded in the late afternoon.

Btw, it was my first time to dine there and I must say the food's really, really good. I particularly liked the dilis rice, the spring rolls, the Thai chicken curry, and the tequila chocolate cake. Yum!

From Fely J's, we walked to nearby Chili's to continue with the chismax. We got a pitcher of strawberry mango margarita (which is really great) and carried on with the stories.

The group parted ways around 9PM. I'm not sure when the next get-together with people from Orcom block 11 of 1996 would be, but I hope it would be very soon.

Maybe another classmate from abroad will be in town. Hehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment