Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Starry, starry holiday (part 1)...






The holiday season was filled with stars. Hehe!

At the company Christmas party, I wasn't expecting any celebrities. It was a long day. We had an exhibit booth that needed to be manned, and I was assigned to do the 7AM - 11AM shift. That meant I had to get up at 5AM and be at the venue by 6:30AM. Hehe! By noontime, I was tired from talking at the exhibit booth and I just wanted the day to be over and done with. The day ended at 11PM because we had to attend the party in the evening.

Though tired, I got all excited when I found out that Lea Salonga was going to sing. No, wait. Lea Salonga was going to perform. I have always been a fan primarily because of her work in showtunes. And this was the first time that I would have an opportunity to get a photo with her. Haha! Realizing that, that became my objective in the evening. I got all excited. Thankfully, I'm part of the production team and thanks to the training in Public Affairs to do everything to get the photo that was needed, I knew what to do. Hehehe!

As soon as Lea came on stage, Tey, Steph and I headed to the side of the stage to ask where Lea would exit. Photographer John was there so we asked him to please stay there so he can take our photo with Lea. John knew Lea's handler so we didn't have a difficult time asking the handler for a photo.

When Lea exited from the stage, Tey, Steph and I immediately positioned ourselves for the photo. Success! Haha! We thanked Lea and she made her way to the backstage.

We found another photo op with her, and all three of us were determined to get a photo. But then major fail. Lea was walking towards our direction and when she was right in front of us, we all just froze and stupidly looked at her. Starstruck obviously. Haha!

Then there's the photo with Dylan Ababou of Smart Gilas. When the Gilas boys visited the Smart office ages ago, I didn't get to have a photo with Dylan because I was on field. So when I saw the Gilas boys making their way to the stage and passing right in front of our booth, I had to drag Tey for the photo. I have a thing for boys with Dylan's profile - tall, boy-next-door, mestizo, eyeglasses!!! In a parallel universe where he's not straight and I'm still me but with better skin (lol!), I would profess my love for Dylan. Joke. OA iyon. Not true. Haha!

Last star for the night I had a photo with was Wilma Doesnt. Model. Enough said. Hehe! But seriously, I love the girl because she's a natural comedienne and I love her story. Haha!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment