Sunday, December 12, 2010

Francis Chiu, we have to go here...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I know, I know. I have yet to write above the recent Singapore trip.

I haven't had the time to sit down and write about it because my schedule is pretty crazy since I got back from the trip. It's just a week or two before the holiday break so you can pretty much imagine how everyone is trying to finish everything asap.

Anyway, today is not as toxic so I found time to make one blog entry that's Singapore-related.

The SG trip was really meant to be a "running" trip. I had no plans of doing any shopping, even if I knew that there are good buys in SG. The schedule I had for the trip was also very hectic because it was only when I got there did I realize that I already had so many friends in SG and it was a challenge to find a schedule to meet all of them. (I am SO happy though that there are now many reasons to keep on coming back to SG)

The only time I got to walk and enjoy Orchard was on the morning of the day I fly back to Manila. I got up early, put on the most relaxing unused clothes I could find in my luggage, and bid goodbye to my friend Jo Ann to head to Orchard.

I had a list of things to buy and I planned on sticking to that list - an Asics SCMS 2010 race shirt (as a souvenir) and SG magnets.

Friend Ian told me that Asics was in Paragon so that's where I headed. Paragon is one of my favorite malls. I like the interior of the building, and it's just different.

After getting my Asics shirt, I was walking around to check the shops and just about ready to go home when I stumbled upon a shop that could've given me a heart attack. Haha! OA lang!

No, it's not Prada, it's not LV, it's not any of the houses you'll find on Avenue Montaigne or 5th Ave. It's a Singapore-based brand and it is home to a lot and I mean, a LOT of really, really, really YUMMY man bags.

No kidding.

I forget which floor level, but the name of the store is The Project Shop. Half of the store is the PS Cafe (which I have to try on my next visit) and the other half houses the wide range of bags. Gad!!! I love how the pieces are very classic, very structured, and do not have any screaming monograms or icons or whatever. I love the variety of material - cotton jacquard, distressed canvas, soft nylon, among others, which have been given different treatments.

I had my eye on one messenger bag (and fine, a backpack and a tote bag) but I chose not to get any because I was on a tight budget and I told myself that those bags will be my motivation to go back to SG. I did however get a soft nylon tote which I plan to use for the gym. Hehehe! Some of the small pieces like wallets and card cases were on sale but I fought the urge to get one. I didn't need another wallet. Haha!

The bags are priced reasonably and they seem to be very sturdy and functional. Awww!

If you're a friend, you would know that I'm a huge fan of bags (this doesn't necessarily translate to me buying a lot of bags... hehehe! Defensive.). I'm just really a bag lover and like my friend/colleague Monet, I believe that one can never have too many bags. Hehehe! (Uhm, e.g., on my trip to HK, I had no plans of buying bags but I ended up getting three and and additional two for my brothers and another one for colleague Engel. Hehe!)

In a blog entry following my HK trip, I think I mentioned how I am really starting to like independent designers. In HK, I love 5CM for their bags. In SG, I have to say The Project Shop really caught my eye and that I'm really, really looking forward to get a piece from there on my next visit to the Lion City. Hehehe!

Francis Chiu, attack na tayo? Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment