Monday, December 27, 2010

Yakimix + friends = fun..








A couple of weeks before Christmas, I was feeling the holiday blues and I told my Twitter friend/running buddy/muay thai master (LOL!) Marl that I wanted to have a nice Christmas dinner or maybe lunch.

I was thinking of something fancy. Uhm, a nice dinner at the Manila Peninsula lobby or maybe the buffet at Sofitel. Uhm, if I'm not mistaken, it's just him and me who are still single in the group so it was easy to get him to say yes. Haha! That and the fact that we drag each other to wherever most of the time.

The planned lunch (or dinner) had some changes but it turned out to be so much better.

I think Marl told Jamie about the plan, and Jamie asked if he and Ros could come. The gods have been kind to Marl and there were some recent "developments" in his life, too. Hehehe! Uhm, there was a slight question in my head if I was going to be a fifth wheel although it's not really an issue with me. Haha! Marl forgot that he scheduled a lunch with Didi on the same day, so he invited the group's favorite gal to join. I, on the other hand, thought of texting Adrian. And to my surprise (hehe! Don't kill me, Adrian, if you read this), he said he might go.

Marl made reservations at Yakimix Trinoma. Haven't tried the restau, but I've heard good things about it. The restau opens at 11. Marl and I were there ten minutes before 11.

When we got our table, we waited a little bit and people started arriving. Jamie was the first to arrive. A couple of minutes later, Ros showed up. Then, Francis and Didi came. And to complete the cast, Adrian rescheduled his fitness test at the gym so he could join us already.

We spent the next few hours just enjoying the food. I enjoyed the grilling part, too. Hehe! Sorry, I have to say that I was proud of myself because I only had a little serving of rice and noodles. It was more of a protein feast. Hehe!

After the good meal, we thought of catching a film from the MMFF. As expected, Trinoma cinemas were packed. We decided to move to another cinema. Thankfully, there was an MRT station just outside the mall. Jamie & Ros didn't go anymore because Jamie had to have his laptop repaired. Francis left because he had work in the evening.

Marl, Didi, Adrian and I headed to Shangri-la Mall, which was not crowded at all and which had waaaay better cinema. We watched Tanging Ina. It was okay. Several funny moments, though I'm still wondering why it won Best Picture at the Metro Manila Film Fest. (I can't wait to watch Rosario especially after reading all the positive tweets about the movie.)

From the Shangri-la Mall, we headed back north. Adrian, Marl and Didi went back to Binoma...errr... Trinoma. I, on the other hand, got off at Gayway... errr... Gateway. I was going to meet Tey, so we could go together to the dinner with UP Manila friends Ella, Gino, Jon and girlfriend Ela.

Really, really long day. But really, really, really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment