Thursday, June 2, 2011

Back to regular programming...



It's been officially two months since I packed my bags, bid my family and friends farewell, and boarded an AirPhil flight to Singapore.

Two months.

It seems like such a short time. But within that brief period, so much has happened in this foreign land I am now trying to make my new home.

I'd like to write about so many things, but I don't even know where to begin. The last blog entry was about how I got here, how the Singapore dream turned into a reality.

And now, I'm here.

I really am here.

Each day, I wake up thanking Lordy for this huge blessing. To be honest, I never thought I would be working in foreign land someday. Seriously. I was blessed with a good career in the Philippines. I had a good set of friends. My family was there.

But I was dreaming of Singapore ever since I set foot in this country three years ago.

I had no idea how to make the dream a reality, but seeing friends who have made it here served as an inspiration for me to take (almost) every measure to get here.

Since that fateful day I landed here, I've been wanting to write about how things are going. I've been wanting to chronicle everything and make sure it is kept somewhere so that one day, I can read it again and remember how I started here in Singapura.

But things just got a bit too crazy. Adjusting to the new work environment. Trying to fit in a multi-cultural work group. Finding my way around the city. Searching for a place to call home. Reminding myself to look the other way when I cross the street so as not to get hit by the approaching car, or if I'm really lucky, a double deck bus. Haha!

These, and several other things, are the reason why I have been away from blogging. But as I've said, things around here are starting to see some semblance of order. Haha! Baby steps, baby steps.

I guess that's what I'll do with blogging as well. Little by little, I'll write about my day-to-day adventure here in this fine city.

So far, things have been really good. There are some challenges, but nothing too big to make me want to pack my bags and go back to the Philippines. Haha!

It's going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment