Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Queermas party... Asean edition... hehe...



Sunday night was spent with Pg Boy's friends.

His housemate and good friend E organized the get-together among the group. Good Pinoy friend Ian was there too so yay.

Come to think of it, it's because of Ian that I met this group. Had it not been for him, and had he not invited me to join him at rowing, I dunno how I would've met the entire group.

That night, the group included Filipinos, Singaporeans, a Malaysian-Chinese, Indonesians, and an American (E's dad who flew in for business and to see E).

There was no theme for the food. Hehe. But, the good thing about this was that there was a variety of food - sushi, popish, an assortment of pies, cheese and crackers, chocolate cake, chocolate cupcakes, and wine, lotsa wine. Haha! Ian also made his really popular vodka sprite mix.

I guess one of my fave moments of the night was just after everyone has already eaten and almost everyone settled down at the long sofa to continue to chitchat. Pg Boy and I brought out our bag with gifts. I love the look of surprise (and appreciation) on everyone. Hehe!

Since I was off last Thursday and Friday, I took care of the shopping after checking with Pg Boy if he was okay with the gift ideas. His assignment was to write the individual messages for the gift cards.

You can take the Filipino boy out of his city. But you can't take certain traditions in that Filipino boy. It reminded me of the Queermas party in Manila where everyone has gifts for everyone. (MkSurf8 and Chris, your gifts are with me. Late shopping. Ergo, I wasn't able to give during the Pinoy Queermas party. Hehe!)

It was definitely a good dinner. No, it was definitely a good first Christmas away from home thanks to all friends who still gave the gift of Christmas through their house parties, even if we were in a country that doesn't really celebrate Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment