Monday, April 16, 2012

Four days in Yogyakarta (Part 1)...











Two more items from my places-I-must-see-before-I-die ticked off. Yey! :)

The trip to Yogyakarta to see Prambanan and Borobudur finally happened. What made the trip even more special was that Pg Boy was with me. Hehe!

Four days. Two travelers. Seven ancient temples. Three fantab dinner places. One memorable weekend trip.

I've been wanting to visit these two grand temples for some time now, after learning about them from I can't remember where. Amazed by the Angkor temples in Cambodge, I made a promise back when I was still in Manila that I would also visit the temples of Yogya.

It definitely took some time before the plan became a reality, but I'm glad it did.

Thanks to an ticket sale of Air Asia and discounted hotel accomms via Agoda, we were able to set the weekend for the trip. Thanks to Google, we were able to find a reliable tour operator in Yogya to show us around. Thanks to TripAdvisor, I was able to note down the top three must-try food places in Yogya (according to the site anyway.)

Still, there's room for excitement.

When everything was set, an earthquake hits Indonesia a day before we leave. Unfamiliar with the geography of our neighbor country, I have to say I was slightly worried. A visit to some websites and some SMS exchanges with Indonesian friends and I had some assurance that everything will be okay. The only thing to worry about was the weather. The weather forecast for the days we would be there were icons of dark gray clouds with thunder and raindrops indicating that it will be a wet weekend.

So when I saw bright blue skies and bright sunlight when I gazed out of the plane just as the captain announced that we were approaching Adisucipto International Airport, I had nothing but a huge smile on my face. You're the best, Lordy.

(To be continued...)

2 comments:

  1. lagot ka kay ian! bakit hindi sa wego hahaha. although i booked thailand accom through webasia haha. more more pics second entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! baaad ka! more pics coming soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete