Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Saturday HOHOL at Drips Bakery Cafe...























It was a pretty packed weekend.

Saturday afternoon was for exploring a neighborhood I find interesting, and would eventually want to move to - Tiong Bahru.

I saw a bit of the neighborhood the few times I took a bus and the bus passed by Tiong Bahru Road.

In some of the local blogs that I read, Tiong Bahru is often mentioned to be one area that offers a number nice cafes and food places that are worth a visit.

So, explore a bit of Tiong Bahru was what we did on Saturday aft.

I looked up what cafes may be interesting and three places came up - Drips Bakery Cafe, Orange Thimble and 40 Hands. Reading a bit of reviews and checking out some photos, all three seemed to be worth of a visit and have their own good things to offer.

We ended up going to Drips Bakery Cafe. No specific reason. We just chose the place.

It's very easy to find. One bus stop away from Tiong Bahru Plaza, and a short walk to nearby Tiong Poh Road and you would soon be standing in front of Drips Bakery Cafe.

Entering the place, the feel was very relaxed and laid-back, something that you would want to have at a cafe on a Saturday afternoon. The place was spacious, and had several interesting elements. Mismatched furniture. Nice lighting. White walls. Your eyes are drawn to so many things around the cafe.

We decided to get one of the tables further back, so that the guys and I can just chill and enjoy. The area where our table was brightened by the natural light coming from a strip of clear glass that was part of the ceiling.

Drips has a number of pastries and real food. Since I just finished lunch, I just had a slice of cake and macchiato. The cake was good. The coffee, I guess, was something others would like. I was kind of expecting my macchiato to be something similar to the ones I usually get from CBTL. Hehe! Chris had the all-day breakkie, while MkSurf8 got the corned beef sandwich. The all-day breakkie looked so so. The corned beef sandwich looked yum.

Because the place wasn't packed, we were able to stay and just lounge for a couple of hours. It was definitely one very chillax Saturday aft. Haha!

Must visit Tiong Bahru again to check out the other two cafes. Let's see which one is the best. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment