Sunday, May 15, 2016

Weekend of eating...





Since Tey arrived Friday night, we've been pretty much going on a food trip of sorts. Hehe.

It was kind of expected since the main reason she flew to Singapore was for the birthday of her high school friend Nek.

The feasting started as soon as she landed. The hotel I booked for us was in Lavender. Actually, I got confused because I thought there was only one AQueen Hotel. Here I was thinking that I booked the one in Jalan Besar. It turned out that there was another branch along Lavender St. It was okay because the hotel had a good location and surrounded by quite a number of food places including Swee Choon. Since Tey didn't pack a lot of stuff, we went straight to Swee Choon for a late dinner. Fellow ex-Smartee Arlyn was fortunately free to join us. We arrived at Swee Choon past 10. This was great because we didn't have to wait for a long time to get a table.

After Swee Choon, Tey and I went straight to Aljunied where Nek stayed. It turned out that her boyfriend organised a surprise birthday party for her. Tey and I were full from the dimsum feast but we still managed to enjoy the cake and fried chicken. Haha!

Yesterday, it was another day of enjoying good food thanks to Ikea and Lau Pa Sat. Our main itinerary for the day was Ikea. We left the hotel late and arrived at Ikea Tampines in time for brunch. I'd like to think that our brunch wasn't that sinful since we did spend the next three hours walking around Ikea looking at stuff. Tey ended up buying a book shelf, a shoe rack, a clothes drying rack, and tons of other stuff. Hehe! I was tired when we got back to the hotel. I managed to take a nap before we headed out again.

In the evening, we met up with her friends at Lau Pa Sat for Nek's birthday dinner. Lau Pa Sat is always a good place to go to since there are tons of food choices. We ended up ordering roast chicken, grilled stingray, cereal prawn, fried rice, satay, prawn satay. Tey and I also bought a birthday cake for Nek as a surprise. It was a really long day and I was just dead tired when we got back to the hotel.

Today, I had a museum activity so that meant I had to have lunch on my own. Tonight, we're meeting up with PG Boy, Ian, MonRich for dinner at CPK.

Happy tummy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment