Thursday, November 8, 2007

You're Such a Girl...

Hehehe! This was what my very, very good friend Thea told me the other day.

We were catching up with each other since we didn't get to see one another for a couple of days because of the long weekend. She visited some friends in Singapore, while I was trapped here in Manila.

Anyway, our conversation somehow led to relationships. Told her about this person who's sort of been hinting about the possibility of pursuing something. However, this person and I sort of crossed paths through an unusual way (one that I won't mention for now). And that's why I'm not returning any hints. Though it is a reason that seems to be so simple and small, I just can't.

I told Thea, "Just imagine. When I introduce this person to you, I would tell you, 'Tey, meet . How did we meet? ' Can you imagine yourself doing that same thing?"

Nope, heartbroken I may be (or have been), but I'd like to think that beneath all the emotions left by the breakup, there is still some small ounce of cheesiness and romance.

I'd want my own story to be filled with mushiness close to fairy tales. I'd want my own story to have sweet nothings whispered, small tokens of affection exchanged, heartfelt emotions expressed.

And by the time I ended my sentence, that's when Thea said. "Anj, you're such a girl."

I wonder how many guys would also welcome that remark (which I took as a very nice compliment)?

No comments:

Post a Comment