Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Piolo hour


Alright, so the guy we met up with yesterday morning was Piolo Pascual.

Last Thursday, Tey got a call from Piolo's handler that the actor would be in Makati and that if we wanted to interview him, we could do so after his riding lessons. And that was it.

Friday morning, when we arrived at the Polo Club, he just finished his class. Other than the PAs from Star Cinema, he was on his own. We walked up to him, introduced ourselves and told him we were there for the interview.

The guy was very nice and down-to-earth. Uhm, when we found out that we couldn't do the interview at the clubhouse, he was the one who suggested we just do the interview at the benches by the stable. No aircon, no good food, no nice things celebrities are used to, but he was okay with it.

The interview was done by two girls from a PR group we work with. That was fine, because I had more fun taking photos. Haha! After the interview, we knew he was in a hurry but I had a mission and I needed to accomplish it. Haha! It's just great that he was accommodating.

First off, the souvenir photos for Tey and me. Hah! Another addition to the celebrity wall project. Haha!

Then, two surprises for friends. Office pal Monet asked us to get Piolo to autograph a "Hi Maver" note and have his photo taken while holding that note. He was nice enough to do that.

And then , I know Carlo is a "fan" of the guy so before I went to bed on Thursday night, I dug up an extra copy of Zsazsa Zaturnnah and brought it with me. I had Piolo sign it and again, asked him to hold Carlo's work while I take his photo. It was a surprise for Carlo. And I will always remember the tone of his voice when I told him over the phone what I did. Hahaha! That was fun!

Anyway, so that was the whole Piolo hour. Definitely a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment