Friday, July 25, 2008

Project Runway for a day in Smart


Forgot the name of the leftmost guy


This supplier brought the PMAP boys


Trishan Cuaso and Ariel (I forgot his last name)


Marimar's Victor Aliwalas for another supplier


Victor A again

My boss volunteered me to be part of the office uniform committee. It's my first time to be in such a group so I thought, "Okay, this could be fun. How hard can it be to agree on a uniform, right?"

When I saw the meeting schedule for the first meeting of the committee, it was schedule for an entire afternoon. I wondered why a meeting on uniforms could take so long. In my head, I was like, "What the? Are we going to spend the entire afternoon selecting fabrics, deciding on the right shade of blue, or going through swatches?" The meeting didn't lasted for just about an hour so I was happy.

Yesterday was our second meeting. Suppliers were to present their proposed uniform sets. It was a whole day thing, but I only needed to attend the morning thing which was the slot for the male office-based suppliers.

Anyway, when I arrived at the venue for the presentation, I was really surprised because fashion show was ongoing. I didn't think it was going to be that serious. Haha! There were I think five suppliers and each supplier presented about 10-15 sets of corporate uniforms.

What really surprised me was that some of the suppliers really brought professional models. PMAP's Trishan Cuaso, Carlo Adorador (who was ICON's first coverboy), and Ariel (his surname escapes me) were there wearing what could be our uniforms. And then another supplier brought this guy from GMA7, Victor Aliwalas.

Going to the clothes, there were three suppliers that I liked because of the textured fabrics and the slim ties. But the pants were a little difficult to decide on. There was one supplier who presented an entire range of slim fit pants. Hehe!

But it was a fun Thursday morning. For a couple of hours, my mind wandered away from all the million other things that I needed to do. Hehe!

2 comments: