Sunday, April 12, 2009

Saturday in Calatagan, Batangas...










Went on another road trip on my last day of the Tagaytay trip. Haha!

We decided to head out of Tagaytay and go further south to hopefully hit the beach. The nearest that came to mind was Lago de Oro in Calatagan. Thanks to my trusty Nokia and the 3G coverage in Tagaytay, I was able to go online and find directions and info on Lago de Oro.

Yeah, yeah, it's a wakeboarding resort but all I really wanted was to go to the pool and have some sun.

So it turned out to be a really pleasant surprise when we were told that we can actually rent out a raft that could bring us out into the sea for some swimming. woohoo!!! It was even better.

The entire afternoon was just spent in the water. Romil, Bernard and Mikey swam a bit but chose to stay on the raft and sleep. Sean and I, on the other hand, just really enjoyed the water. The water was perfect. Not that cold. The sun was fantastic. It was great.

Total damage for the whole thing was about P1K per person. You pay P650 for the entrance to Lago de Oro (P350 is consummable, and you get a free towel which you can keep). The raft cost us P1500 for the entire afternoon. Not bad at all, yeah?!

The drive back to Tagaytay was horrible. Augh! Traffic was that bad. Going to Calatagan took us about an hour, going back took us three f-ing hours.

Still, I'm one happy boy because I was able to hit the beach, have some sun and definitely, lots of fun.

By the way, I also bumped into a college classmate, Bea. I haven't seen her for the longest time so it was really great that we saw each other at Lago de Oro. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment