Saturday, January 14, 2012

A visit to the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple...







On a late afternoon, I accompanied Bernice to Chinatown. It was her last few days in Singapore before flying back to Amsterdam, and she said she wanted to see Chinatown.

We took the train and got off at Chinatown MRT station, which led us directly to Pagoda St.

With the Chinese New Year just around the corner, the streets of Chinatown were very busy. (Although I must say that Chinatown seems to be a very busy place any time of the year. Hehe!)

After walking along some of the streets, I brought Bernice to the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple on South Bridge Road.

I've seen the temple from the outside so many times, because it's right next to Maxwell Food Centre.

This was, however, my first time to enter the museum.

Probably because of the Chinese New Year, the temple had extra special decorations. Probably.

But I was really wowed by the interiors of the temple.

I didn't read up on the temple before going, so we missed going to the museum in the museum. Eeep!

Maybe I'll check out the temple again this CNY.

Website: http://www.btrts.org.sg/

No comments:

Post a Comment