Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy birthday, Carlo Pogi...



Today is the birthday of Carlo, one of my very good friends back in Manila.

To many, he is known as the graphic artist/creator of the superhero ZsaZsa Zaturnnah. The graphic novel has gone a long way since it was published several years ago. It's been made into a movie. It's been made into a musical. It has been cited in studies.

I've known Carlo during the days that he was still conceptualizing ZsaZsa (or if I'm not mistaken, even before that.)

We met through one of the really popular online forums in early 2000. After an EB (gad, EB! Who still uses that term?) with other fellows from that online forum, we totally hit it off and have been good friends since then.

Carlo belongs to that group of friends of mine who I see just one-on-one. He's this guy who I can talk for hours and hours, telling him what's really inside my head and now worry about being judged. The same goes for him. Our favorite spot is anywhere there is coffee. Usually, it is Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. But before that, it was Dome at Shangri-la Mall. Hehe!

I can't remember the last time I saw him, but I definitely met up with him to tell him that I'm moving to Singapore to try it out here.

Thanks to Facebook, we still get to keep in touch. Plus, I get to be up-to-date with what's happening with his projects, including the much awaited release of another issue of ZsaZsa Zaturnnah.

We haven't had those conversations that we used to have in Manila but I'm sure that he is still one of the friends I can run to whenever I feel like talking to someone.

I know it. He is just one of those people who you know would still be around for you, even when everyone else has already left.

So my dear Carlo Pogi, happy, happy birthday to you! I may not be in Manila, but do know that I remembered you on this very special day of yours.

Biggest hugs, and as you used to say...

"You are loved."

No comments:

Post a Comment