Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The best thing about the trip to JB...

in 2008...

in 2012...


The best part about the short trip to the nearest town of Malaysia was not just getting to see an endodontist, but alsot getting to see couchsurfing buddies Alan and Marco.

The last time I saw these guys were in 2008... in Manila!!!

We've been in touch once in a while. Alan even invited me to his wedding, but I just was not able to go.

When I moved to Singapore, Alan messaged me but our schedules never matched so we never got to arrange for lunch or dinner.

Who would have thought that it would be Alan who would help me find a dentist in his home town of Johor Bahru?!

Pg Boy suggested our next best option to SG was JB. I've never been to JB, and now I had a reason to go.

My appointment yesterday at the endodontist was at 3PM, but I decided to go early to meet up with Alan and Marco.

It was my first time in JB and Pg Boy wasn't free to go with me. I was really grateful that Alan offered to send me to the clinic after we have lunch.

They picked me up at the City Square mall and we headed to one of the local restaus that served fried beehon which reminded me so much of how bihon is cooked back home.

We weren't able to do much catching up, because I had to go to the dentist already and they both had to go back to work (even if it was a public holiday).

However, we agreed to meet up again when I go back. Maybe next time, Alan will bring his wife Ivy and their baby Elicia. Would be cool to see them, too.

Good trip to JB.

No comments:

Post a Comment