Monday, June 11, 2012

Mark Chao made me cry...

























While wondering what to do for the day last Saturday, Pg Boy showed me the last few seconds of the trailer for Chinese film "First Time."

Though I just saw a few scenes from the trailer, Pg Boy already knew that he made a mistake showing it to me.

My reaction was that like that of a kid who's just learned that he's going to get a new toy. Haha!

In the next few minutes, I was able to book us tix to the 6PM screening at GV Tiong Bahru.

First Time, featuring Chinese actor Mark Chao and actress Angelababy, is a romantic story of a young dancer wannabe and a rocker boy.  Angelababy is a young lady battling a debilitating disease. On top of having to give up her desire to be a dancer, the medicine she takes makes her feel like her memory is getting weaker. Because of this, she carries a voice recorder with her in an attempt to record her thoughts and experiences for that day. Mark Chao plays a rocker boy. He appears to be a toughie, but the reality is that he is also trying to face his own battles.

The two cross paths after Angelababy's mother in the film "hires" Mark Chao to pretend to be the guy that her daughter liked in secondary school.

And there begins the romantic story.

I'm not going to spoil the ending. But here's what I can say. The movie has the right amount of cheesy scenes. The treatment was a bit different, in the sense that the story didn't unfold in a very linear fashion. Mark Chao's could act. I saw him already in Love 2012, and I thought he was okay. But in this movie, he really showed that he can act.  I wouldn't say the story was tragic. It appears like it, but it's not.

If you want to know why I say this, then you must go ahead and watch it.

One final thing - dun forget to bring a packet of tissue or a hanky. I'm glad I did. Haha!

Han Yan

2 comments:

  1. meron na ba nito sa torrents? gusto ko na i-DL. haha mishu friend! kelan ka ba uwi???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend, kaka-release pa lang. I dunno if may torrent. Hehe! Actually, ilan na ang nagugustuhan kong Chinese rom/romcoms. Di ko lang ma-DL kasi di ko alam san hahanapin.

    Nakow, friend, no plans pa. Ewan ko ba. Haha! Lilitaw na lang ako bigla diyan. ;)

    Kamusta ka naman???

    ReplyDelete