Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Monday was quite shitty...

It's one of those days...

I dun usually have any problems with Mondays, but this week's Monday was turning out to be quite a challenge.

Work will be extra toxic this week, and I guess in the coming weeks. Because of some recent changes within the department, I have to transfer my current workload to another person. Afterwards, I have to take on a new workload. It's going to be somewhat different, and it's going to be like starting from scratch again because the processes are quite different with this particular workload.

Plus, it would mean a whole new round of introductions and figuring out working styles of colleagues who are scattered around the world.

But it's all good, I guess. New work means new learning experiences. It's just a bit saddening that this is happening as a result of what happened to a colleague.

Then, just as the day was going to end, I receive an SMS which caused further worry and stress.
Nope, no one's sick nor dying. In fact, if I'm going to be very logical about it, it should not be something to be worried about. But I do worry about it, because it is causing unexpected anxiety and worry.

It makes me question certain things that happen in my life. I am very grateful for the life that I have right now. I really feel blessed for being where I am. I am glad to have what I have at the moment. But I know it can be better.

And when I see certain things around me, I couldn't help but ask how come some things seem to be more difficult to me than it is for others? It makes me ask which step did I miss which led to things becoming more challenging? It makes me question if there's something in the rulebook that I failed to follow.

It's just one of those days...

I do know that they key is to remain and stay positive. Life is what you make of it, after all. So it's a matter of taking charge of the things you can take charge of, and doing what you can to change things you dun have full control of, I suppose.

As MkSurf8 always tells me, the important thing is to be happy. If at the end of the day, one is happy, then it should be okay I suppose...

Tomorrow will be better...

No comments:

Post a Comment