Monday, June 4, 2012

Strictly Pancakes...





















Netherlands-based friend Bernice was in town over the weekend for a business trip.

We agreed to meet up for brunch last Saturday.

I was undecided where to bring her. It was either a place that was familiar to me or something that I've yet to try.

Initially, I was thinking of em by the River. To me, it is one of the best brunch places in Singapore. The food is good. The venue is nice. And I think it's one of those places tourists won't know about unless they have a local friend.

However, after learning Bernice's schedule for the afternoon, I decided that we have to go somewher that's more accessible.

Hence, I chose to bring her to Strictly Pancakes.

It's been on my must-try brunch places, and the weekend brunch plans with Bernice was the perfect opportunity to head down to Prinsep St.

As much as I love my kaya peanut toast and kopi si from Toastbox, there are still weekends when I want to have pancakes for breakkie.

Because my weekend home is quite far from the city, my quick fix for pancake craving is MickeyD's. Haha!

Anyway, I got the All-American Breakfast - three fluffy and thick pancakes, bacon strips, two sausages, a quail egg sunny side-up and grilled tomato. For $14, it came with a choice of either chilled coffee or Long Black coffee.

Bernice, on the other hand, ordered the Eggs-A-Way! Two eggs cooked according to how you want it, accompanied by a side dish of back pepper mushrooms, grilled tomato and choice of drink.

The pancakes were quite delicious. Since they were thick and fluffy, you can actually just order one plate (to be shared by two people) and then just add other side dishes.

There are other interesting things on the menu left to be tried.

Definitely want to go back.

Strictly Pancakes
44A Prinsep Street Singapore
Tel: +65 6333 4202
http://strictlypancakes.com.sg/

No comments:

Post a Comment