Wednesday, June 6, 2012

CorpComm/PR, I miss you...


I want to get back to Corporate Communications/Public Relations.

As much as I am grateful for the current job that I have, there's a part of me that really wants to go back to the world of Corporate Communications and Public Relations.

Eight or nine years of my work life have been dedicated in that industry, and though stressful it may be, I have to say I really love CorpComm/PR.

Also, part of the reason that I want to get back into it is the fact that I'm not really getting any younger. There's a part of me that just wants to find that one company and stay put.

Somehow, I envy some friends who have been with their companies for five years or more.

If an opportunity in Singapore did not present itself, I guess I would still be with my previous company. I was there from 2007 - 2011. Almost four years. It's the longest I've been with any organization.

Three years in the non-government sector; two years in the publishing industry with friends; a year in shipping; four years years in telecoms. And now, one year in publishing.

The good thing about being in different industries I suppose is that I've experience in various work environments. The years spent in each industry have helped shape how I see things in CorpComm/PR.

I'd really like to see, no make, some change again this year or early next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment