Monday, October 29, 2012

Kiddie party with the Yong-en Care Centre...



The 28 all over again birthday celebration was held last Saturday at the Yong-en Care Centre in Chinatown.

This is the second time for me to hold a party with the kids of the centre. I was really glad that they said yes again to my request to have a simple party for the kids.

One major takeaway that I learned from this year's activity is to just believe that things will work out. :-)

Prior to the party, I was worried that I won't have enough gifts for the kids and that there won't be enough friends who will be able to join the activity. It was a long weekend, and a lot of people already had other plans.

A bunch of friends (thank you, Tipz and CP) have already promised to give gifts. With the help of uni friend and fellow Pahinungod volunteer Jean, we were able to get enough presents as the day of the party neared.

On the day of the party itself, I was (pleasantly) surprised that there were more kids this year. Initially, the center told me that there would be about 15-20 kids. During the party, I counted about 30 kids. Then there were also a group of volunteers from Singapore Poly who helped out in ensuring that the kiddie party would go smoothly.

Again, I was a bit worried that we may not have enough gifts and at that moment, even food, because I was expecting just about 2-3 volunteers from the center.

But then, things turned out very well!

At the last minute, more people confirmed their attendance. Jean's colleague Robert also decided to buy more gifts that morning. As for the food, Alexie baked a lot of cupcakes, which was just enough for the kids and the friends/volunteers. Ho and Pg Boy bought more drinks and some more food, while the games were ongoing.

So, yeah, the entire activity went great. My friends looked like they had a good time. The SP volunteers were still energetic even after the activity. Most importantly, the kids all looked happy! Yay!

Really, really grateful to everyone who helped make the event successful! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment