Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pre-birthday lunch with the guys...




At the last minute, I decided to have a birthday lunch for my becky bunch here in the little red dot. 

Initially, I was just planning to have the kiddie gift-giving activity next weekend as my main celebration for this year. On the big day itself, I was just planning to have a "me" day since it's a work day and since PG Boy is still overseas for his holiday.

Then I just thought of holding a lunch for friends. After all, except for MkSurf8, Ian and Chris, I rarely see the rest of the guys. It would be a good time for everyone to meet and catchup. It would also be my own little way of thanking them for being my becks family here. 

Good thing most of them were free for the lunch. Only Rich and honorary becky Coly were unable to go because of work. 

So yesterday morning, I woke up quite early. After dropping by Toastbox for breakkie, I headed to Fair Price to buy ingredients for the lunch. By 9, I started prepping my pasta. By 11, I got the roasted chicken, drinks and desserts and headed to MkSurf8's place.

Half past-twelve, people started arriving. It was a small group and it was just right. I'm glad that Tipz and Chris were able to go. I'm glad that Bien and his kumare were there. It was also good to see Chiz, Jeff and Mon. 

After lunch, we all just hung out. MkSurf8 opened a few bottles of wine. Others started mixing their own drinks. I had a few glasses of wine and whiskey, so I had a buzz at 3 in the afternoon. LOL!

In the evening, Ian, Chris, MkSurf8, Mon and I met up with Rich at Little Vietnam along Guillemard Rd for dinner. I'm also glad to have seen Rich.

What I thought would be just a few hours of hanging out with the guys turned out into an almost entire day thing, which I thought was just really awesome! :D

I'm grateful to have these guys as friends. And I'm grateful to have the advance bday celeb with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment