Friday, February 1, 2013

Quick trip to Manila...


So I did go visit Manila recently.

After almost two years, the prodigal son returns… for a holiday.

Well, it wasn't really so much of a holiday. The main reason I went back was to visit my family. In particular, I wanted to visit my Dad who recently fell ill.

If not for that, I think I would have kept on delaying the visit back to Manila.

My Dad has spinal stenosis. I dun exactly know much about it. Twitter friend Jamie explained it to me. I only remembered some parts of it.

Basically, my Dad is now on a wheelchair. It is such a big change and a big surprise for all of us because we are talking about a guy who goes on very long walks almost every day. Sure, he's hitting 80 next year but this man is still strong for his age. Now, he has to be cared for because of this disease.

We dun know if he can still get back on his feet. Surgery doesn't seem to be an option because of his age. We just have to hope that the physical therapy will be of some help.

Needless to say, the current condition of my Dad has had an impact not just on him but on the entire family.

I left Manila with a lot of things to think about. Until now, there are all these questions and scenarios in my head.

But really, what can we do but face the situation, right?

If there's one big thing I'm learning from all of these, it is to have a much more stronger faith.

Faith that there has to be some reason, maybe even something good, behind all of these.

2 comments:

  1. hi friend. naging super busy kaya now lang nakabasa ng blogs ng mga tao... kaya pala umuwi ka. sayang hindi kita nakita...

    about your dad, nakakalungkot. but then, it could have been worse... hindi man siya makalakad na, you still can talk to him. he still can see you. he still listens and replies.

    when my father had cancer, naoperahan siya sa throat and he couldn't talk na. he'd communicate with us through writing na lang. he couldn't really express what he wanted to say... puro short sentences na lang... and that was what i missed about him... his voice.

    kahit malayo ka, you can always call your dad and talk to him. you can always hear his voice. cherish these moments, friend! not everyone is lucky to still have a father na makakausap at matatawagan :)

    at naiyak daw ako habang sinusulat ang comment na ito :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, friend. no worries. i'm glad to hear na busy ka. that's good, di ba? ibig sabihin maraming andang papasok. hehe. so sorry di tayo nagkita. yon na nga. for the reason above.

    thank you, friend, for your thoughts. yeah, tama ka. the good thing is nakakausap ko pa si daddy and okay naman pa siya. di pa nag-u-ulyanin. please include him in your prayers, ah.

    take care. hope to see you sa next uwi ko. big hugs. =)

    ReplyDelete