Saturday, January 31, 2015

Dinner and birthday gathering last night...



It was a relatively relaxed week at work. I was done with my deliverables for the month. The issues that needed resolution have been addressed. The next round of heavy work will begin in two weeks.

Still, I was happy that the weekend has arrived. Haha!

Yesterday, I needed to go to the office for a department gathering. It was good because I was really heading out to the city in the evening anyway to attend Jeff's birthday gathering.

The thing I had to think about was what to do between end of work and the time to go to Jeff's birthday gathering.

We're talking about 3 hours to kill.

First thing that came to mind was to invite Richie and Mon for dinner. Chris, Ian, MkSurf8 and RKGreg had their own plans (I think) so I just thought I'll have dinner first with Rich and Mon. Turns out Mon wasn't free for dinner. I invited PG Boy and his best friend. Both weren't free either. Hehe!

While waiting for Richie to finish his work, I went to the Starbucks across Richie's workplace, got myself a grande caramel macchiato, got myself a table and brought out some of my weekend work. Surprisingly, this particular Starbucks is rather not crowded. I was able to read in peace articles on the City Hall and FSC architecture/history and an article on museum docents.

When Richie arrived, we walked over to the next door building and had dinner at Korat Thai. It's a very simple, almost hawker stall, kind of food place but the fooood is gooooood! It's way better than any of those Thai restaus in the malls. Haha!

By the time Richie and I finished dinner, it was time to leave for Jeff's birthday party. I took the bus from Orchard to City Hall. A short wait for the guys and then we were off to the party.

I only stayed for a little over an hour because of today's training. Hehe! It was a good gathering though. Hmm, I enjoyed the company of Chris, Ian, MkSurf8, RKGreg, the birthday boy (of course!) and a few other friends I know.

Reached home past 12. Asleep by 1230. Up this morning by 530. WTF?! I'm just going to end this post and then I'll head to the city now.

It'll be a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment