Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Wonderful non wonderful day...




Today was quite a busy but still manageable day.

I started my work at 7AM. There were items on my Inbox I did not get to work on yesterday. Thus, the decision to go online as early as possible. I think this is one of the good things about working from home. Work files can be accessed 24/7. Some may find it a good thing, some may find it a not-so-good thing. Haha!

The January issue of one journal I handle is running late. It needs to be approved within the week. Another issue of another journal is ahead of schedule. This is a good thing because the number of corrections for some of the manuscripts included in the journal is just too much. Two papers included in the issue each have more than 300 corrections! Walau eh! Die die! Haha!

The highlights of today are lunch with Chris and the newly-married Alexie and Pump class after work.

My dear landlord told me that the Internet guy will be coming in today to do some work needed for the upgrade of our Internet connection. To be honest, I am perfectly happy with the previous speed. I thought it was very fast. Apparently, it can still go faster. Haha! Oh well, as long as my rent does not increase (or the increase is very minimal), I’m okay with this latest upgrade.

When the Internet guy arrived, I got dressed up and told my landlord that I’ll work at the office in the afternoon. The Internet guy came close to 11AM. That was perfect because I meant to leave the house around that time so I can meet Alexie and Chris at Star Vista for lunch.

I suggested we eat at Morganfield’s since I thought the food was good. Thankfully, my lunch companions were okay with the suggestion. I ordered a grilled chicken and had the fries and coleslaw replaced with the house salad. The set meal came with a soup of the day and a tall glass of iced tea. For $15, it was okay, I think.

Lunch convo dwelled mostly on the beautiful wedding of Alexie and Jasper. The now Mrs. B shared “exciting” behind-the-scenes incidents that happened days before the wedding and on the wedding day itself. It was such a beautiful wedding still. I couldn’t be happier for the couple.

The rest of the day went by with usual work stuff. I’m glad because I was able to finish a lot of things.

After work, I rushed to Metropolis to attend the 630 Pump class. I dunno if it was because of the instructor or because a lot of people are working extra hard to get rid of the weight put on during the holidays, but it was a packed class. I do enjoy Pump a lot but the class today was really challenging. In particular, I hated the back track. I felt like I was going to keel over before the track ended. Haha!

Thankfully, I survived the workout and I’m definitely happy with the class.

To end this wonderful non wonderful day, I finally bought new books to read. I found a list of recommended LGBT titles and I decided to get two out of the 10 suggested Summer 2014 readings. Hehe! I intended to buy a gift card for my Amazon account. It turns out there was no need for it as my gift card balance is still enough to get me the titles above. These books should keep me busy for the next few weeks. Yay!

It’s only 10PM and I’m already sleepy. What is happening?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment