Monday, April 20, 2015

Weekend recap...




The weekend was relaxing, but still productive.

Just a quick recap.

Friday night, hung out with @RKGreg, Chris, Ian, Richie and the rest of the guys at @RKGreg and @MkSurf8's place. The latter was not able to join us because of a trip to Manila. He was with us, however, in spirit. That's for sure. Hehe! Thanks again, @MkSurf8, for the intro to my now fave alcohol, Maker's Mark. I'm in love. It was an early night for me though as I had museum training the following day.

Saturday morning, I got up around 630AM. The museum docent training was at 930AM at Fort Canning. I wanted to have breakfast at home and relax a bit more before heading out to training. Thankfully, the training was quite fast. The lecture was done in 90 minutes. The rest of the time was spent for Q&A. The topic was on early artist impressions of Singapore. It was a very interesting module. I love that I learn more and more. Hehe! In the afternoon, I just had lunch at HV. There is a popular claypot chicken rice and I really love it. Afterwards, the rest of the afternoon was chillax time. In the evening, I headed to the gym for a cardio workout. I realised that I've been doing a lot of Pump, but not as much Combat. I should bring back cardio classes in my gym sched. The last agenda was just reading the March issue of Monocle, which was an issue special on Japan.

Today was also a relaxing day. The day started quite late. In the morning, I watched the latest episodes of Arrow and The Flash. After that, I prepared to go to Mass at St. Bernadette. The reason I went to faraway River Valley was because I wanted to go to the library afterwards. I reached the National Library at 130PM. As expected, it was full but I still managed to find an area where I could study and read. The next five hours were spent reading and studying. I read more articles on Monocle. I have to say I really love the magazine. It's my first time to read the magazine because I find it a bit pricey, but I have to say the articles are really well-written. The rest of the time, I was reviewing my Japanese lessons. I covered the first 5 lessons of Minna no Nihongo, the textbook that we use. This coming Thursday, my next Japanese course begins. Looking forward to it, though it's getting a bit more challenging. Haha!

The day, the weekend concluded with a relaxed Thai dinner with Richie at our favourite Thai place near his workplace. Hehe. Mon was unable to join us as he had a tiring Sunday.

Now, I'm just finishing this and I'm going to zzz in a bit. Tomorrow is the start of another week! Yay! Oh, tomorrow is also Tipz's first day at his new work. Yay! All the best, Tipz! I'm sure it'll be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment