Sunday, March 16, 2008

And the grant goes to...

Photobucket

Had a press conference yesterday. It wasn't the first time I've helped put together a press conference, but it was the first time I've had a press conference for the entertainment press and that's what makes it different. The day before the conference, I was having a meeting with celebrated actor Albert Martinez for the press con. How surreal was that, huh! Anyway, the press con was for the announcement of the grant recipient of the project he's heading. It's for indie filmmakers. The guy who got the award was a young Atenean who I'm quite sure will do well as a filmmaker. I don't know. I guess it's because I got the whole "I'm ready to conquer the world" vibe from him. So that's really refreshing for a guy nearing his 30s and who's rapidly turning out to be jaded and cynical. Haha! I'm not sure though if I should already say who got the grant. Maybe I'll wait for the press release to come out first, which means I should send out that press release early next week. Also, the morning wasn't too good.

No comments:

Post a Comment