Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Zendagi migzara... life goes on...

Finished two books over the long weekend - Michael Thomas Ford's Changing Tides and Khaled Hosseini's The Kite Runner. Both have been good reads.

In a previous entry, I said that The Kite Runner the movie left me with two memorable lines. Now that I've finished the book, another line stands out.

Zendagi migzara. Life goes on.

This is one reason why I love the written world. You're surprised with little lessons when you turn to a certain page.

Anyway, I was glad to have found that phrase because...

I've been living in the past for who knows how long. While the people I once knew have moved on, here I was... am... still stuck on the past and dreaming, longing for the old times. But it's not going to happen. It's about time I face that reality. It's about time that I too do what they've done long ago - move forward.

Zendagi migzara. Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment