Thursday, March 27, 2008

737-1000 is passport assistance savior...

I was at DFA once again yesterday, because personal appearance is now required when applying or renewing your passport.

Anyway, I was naturally welcomed by the fixers and the long lines, but it was a much more pleasant experience this time. I was still early though (7AM), and when I got to the office I was supposed to go to, there was a DFA/Pilipinas Teleserv guy who assisted the 737-1000 customers.

We were ushered to a special area (and by special, I mean monobloc benches but near airconditioning) where we waited for about an hour more because offices open at 8AM. Since I was first in line, I was the first person to be called as soon as the service windows opened.

The guy just asked me to check and ensure that my name is spelled correctly, and then I was asked to put my thumbmarks on the form.

It was over in less than 10 minutes.

Now, all I have to do is wait for the passport to be delivered to my office in about 10 days.

Wooohooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment