Friday, September 26, 2008

CS virgin no more...


Alright, I've been meaning to write about my Tuesday night thing, but I haven't found the time to do so because of work. (What's new? Hehe!) Been swamped with a ton of things to do, and it's only now that I found some time to write about it.

Anyway, a couple of months ago, I was introduced to couchsurfing. It was friend and former colleague Sharon who told me about it. After checking the site and reading about it, I created a profile and thought that it would be a great way to meet new people outside of work.

I've been wanting to join CS meets but never got to for the reasons mentioned above. I was supposed to join the Salcedo Market food trip Roy organized but wasn't able to. And then there was another trip which I thought of going, but didn't push through with it. When I went to Vietnam, I contacted some CSers and got several replies. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to meet up with them because I read my email a day after the CS meet.

So last Tuesday, even though it was pouring, I was determined to attend the CS meet Racky hosted at Heritage. I thought, "It's either you do it now or you'll just keep on putting it off."

And am I glad that I did go.

Tuesday night turned out to be really fun, and it was the night that I would no longer be a CS virgin. Hahaha! Got to meet a lot of great people, though I didn't get to chat with everyone. And me being me, I don't recall all of the names save for the people I chatted with. Eeep! Really sorry. Blame it on aging. Hehe!

There was singing. There was eating. There was drinking. There was chatting. And boy, there was definitely camwhoring. Hahaha! If there's one thing that I brought home with me that night, it was really the "good feeling" from meeting people who really seem to be for a world without borders.

Great meeting everyone! Looking forward to the next CS meet. Thanks again, Racky, for hosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment