Wednesday, September 10, 2008

West Side Story for Sunday merienda...


Watched West Side Story with Grace the other day at the Meralco. Good show. Christian Bautista was joined by Karylle (although I wanted to see Joanna Ampil's performance). Great set I must say. I've been watching musicals in Manila for quite some time now, and I can say that it is one of the best set designs I've ever seen.

Christian Bautista was fit for the role of Tony. He seems like the perfect romantic leading man. Karylle, on the other hand, was a pleasant surprise. It's my first time ever to hear her sing and I didn't know she could hit really high notes. Good one.

Menchu Lauchengco-Yulo directs. Not sure if this is the first time she's directing, but hey it's good to see theater actresses moving on to directing.

West Side Story is will be playing until October 2008. Try to watch it.

1 comment: