Sunday, September 28, 2008

If there's a will, there's a photo with Chicane...

Attended the Chicane concert at the World Trade Center last night. Tey said she really wanted to go, so at the very last minute we decided to go and see if we could still score some tickets.

Early bird that I usually am, I arrived at World Trade Center 15 minutes before 10PM. A line was already starting to begin, so it was a good thing that I was early. Was able to get tickets for me and Tey.

The thing started around 11PM. Kickstarting the partying was John Paul Lee, who is more popularly known as Johnboy. Loved his music. As soon as he started spinning, people started grooving. Chicane came onstage past 1AM. It was worth the wait because they were really, really, really good. I know a bit about their music, but last night was my first real "immersion" in Chicane music. In fact, it was only last night that I found out that Chicane is not a DJ but actually a band. Last night had drums, vocals, guitar and keyboards. Hehe! Thanks Tey for clarifying that.

The show would have been really great except for the two f-ing technical glitches. Augh!!! And one of the glitches while they were playing Offshore. It was good that Chicane didn't get annoyed. Hmm, other songs performed were Stoned in Love, Don't Give Up. I wish they played Love on the Run though.

They had their last song around 3AM. Since we were pretty sure that they weren't going back onstage. Tey and I made our way out. We saw the group at a holding room just when outside the hall. There was a small group of people waiting for a photo op with the group.

Tey and I weren't sure whether we could get photos, but our patience paid off. After a couple of minutes, the group ahead of us were allowed to go in and Tey and I immediately followed. Haha! The photo is with Tey, and although I'm really grateful to the guy who took the photo. I want to kick his ass for not being able to take a decent photo. Hay! Not only was it a bit blurry, the keyboards guy was missing. Augh!

But still, Tey and I are just really happy that we were able to get our photos taken with the group. Woohooo!

Got home at 5AM. Who cares if I had to be at the office by noontime for work, if it was definitely one good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment