Sunday, September 14, 2008

Random stuff for the weekend


It's a boring weekend. There's an ongoing Love of Siam addiction. It's stupid because the addiction to the movie is similar to how a high school kid would get addicted. After seeing the movie about three times already, there are the behind the scenes clips, clips of the Love of Siam and August Band concert, and of course, fan tributes to Pchy and Mario Maurer. Some of the clips don't even have English subtitles, and yet I still watch them. That's not something a guy nearing the big 3 0 would do, right? Hahaha! I don't know, it's just really an enjoyable film. God bless YouTube!

Speaking of enjoyable films, I am waiting for GMA7's I.T.A.L.Y. Not because of the actors, but because the location - onboard Costa Magica - is familiar, to a certain extent. Though I've only worked for a short time with a shipping company, I learned about the industry. That's the nice thing about being in corp. comm. I guess, you learn new things because you need to write about it.

Anyway, Costa Cruises is one of the leading luxury cruise company in Europe. And if I'm not mistaken, Magsaysay is the official local manning company of Costa. Back then, I got to work with some crew members of Costa. Whenever we needed talents for a photo shoot for company collaterals, we could always rely on Costa. Haha! I got to go onboard one of its "smaller" ships, Costa Allegra, when it visited Manila. That was fun!

What else? The highlight of the weekend was an FX ride going home. I've been a skeptic lately when it comes to a particular department of my life. But seeing the two people in front of me with the same pair of rings was a big slap on the wrist to keep on believing. Haha! It's vague, I know and I intended to be like that.

Then, I just have to share this line from an article by Dan Savage while reading an old copy of Out - "Manliness is what society expects of men, but when you've already informed society that you're walking away from its number 1 expectation, you find yourself free to accept or reject, on your own terms, all of the other expectations and demands society places on men."

No comments:

Post a Comment