Monday, September 1, 2008

Angkor Wat can wait... anyone up for Borobodur/Prambanan...

Ruins of Prambanan... I like

Borobodur... let's go

Since 2008 is turning out to be the year of travel for me, I'm thinking of making another trip by the end of the year. Maybe November or December.

Destination: Yogyakarta for Borobodur and Prambanan.

And I'm looking for a travel buddy (or travel buddies). I've already invited some people who I think might be interested, but I've been getting regrets. I don't know if the destination is a factor. Anyway, I'm doing this because if ever the trip would push through, it would be great to go with someone (or a group) who also crave to see bits and pieces of history.

Others travel to go shopping. Others travel to relax. I usually travel to see the different cultures, to experience the way of life of other races, to get a glimpse of worlds that are about to be lost.

Uhm, the ideal travel buddy is someone who's willing to rough it. I'm saving for the trip but I guess I don't want to splurge. For accommodations, as long as the room has a clean, decent bed, private bath, airconditioning (though optional), good security, and in a safe district, I'm okay with it. For travel to Yogyakarta, I'm open to taking a flight from Jakarta or Singapore. Or I'malso willing to try the local train although I read it takes about 7 hours. But since it's in another country, I'm up for the challenge. And it's not like, it'll be the first time I'll be on a long road trip.

The only requirements I have for a travel buddy to talk about an itinerary, to be on time, and to be willing to have just a few hours of sleep, in exchange for seeing the local culture. Oh, and that person needs to be, a fellow camwhore, or at least, can take decent pictures. Haha!

That's it, really. Bottom line is I would like to see two of the world's greatest architectural phenomenon before these are completely lost. Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment