Monday, January 4, 2010

Roadtrip with the altar boys...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm wondering if 2010 will be the year of reconnecting with people from the past.

Last Saturday, I went on a roadtrip with my sacristan buddies. We went to Tagaytay for lunch, followed by another long drive to Lipa, Batangas.

That's the second time I've hung out with them in a span of two weeks. That's definitely a record! Haha! Usually, I would only see them during Holy Week because that's when we would have our Easter Vigil tradition.

Nevertheless, I was more than happy to see everybody again. What made this get-together extra special was that two more sacristan friends from days long ago joined us. Fortunately, they were in Tagaytay that day so they were able to join us. So present that day were either three or four generations of knights of the altar of the Lourdes Church in QC.

The two guys who joined us were Pao and Darryl. The last time I saw Pao was more than a decade ago, and it was a bit strange when I saw that the little boy I used to coach on how to serve Mass is now a young man. Before, he was just this eager little kid who was always ready to serve the Mass, no matter how early or late it was. Now, that kid is a Nursing graduate working for one of the hospitals in Albay. Man, I'm old.

On the other hand, Darryl was my best buddy during my high school days. We were quite inseparable and we had a lot of good times together. His Dad is the reason why I passed my Electronics class. Haha! Darryl's dad repaired my "running lights" project, which I was so ready to give up on already. Haha! Since I was a year older, I entered college earlier and that brought me into a whole new world. Because of that, he and I lost touch. The last time I saw him was when I was already working while he was just about to finish college. Thanks to Multiply and now Facebook, we've sort of reconnected. I knew that he got married last year, but that was it. So when I saw him, I couldn't help it but give my old buddy a huge hug. Memories of LSQC days just came rushing back in. We didn't get to talk that much though, but I really hope that we can see each other soon and catch up on what happened in the past seven or eight years.

Alright, going back to the roadtrip, we first went to Tagaytay for lunch at Leslie's. As I had expected, the place was packed with weekend out-of-towners. Ugh! I usually wouldn't have the patience for that big a crowd because I of the waiting time, but I was having too much of a good time to care.

From Leslie's, we moved to Bag of Beans which was also packed but not like Leslie's. I bumped into my former colleague/friend Shy while we were there so that definitely was a pleasant surprise.

After Tagaytay, we went to Lipa to visit the Capuchin seminary where we used to have the national gathering of Capuchin altar boys. Darryl and Pao didn't join us for that anymore though. Huhu! We also dropped by the house of Peter's girlfriend in Lipa, where his future (?!) MIL served a delightful merienda buffet. Gawd, we did nothing that day but stuff ourselves - with good food and good stories. Hehehe!

We left Lipa before 8PM. It turned out to be a good decision because the drive was much faster. I was home by 10, which gave me enough time to rest a bit before I headed out again to hit Malate with Engel and Winston.

Definitely a good Saturday. And definitely a good holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment