Friday, January 15, 2010

Here's my new "guy" Stefan...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So I did get myself a new "guy" as a late Christmas present.

He's white. He's smooth. He's fresh. He's smart. Definitely a headturner. And the best thing about him, Hhe's a 13-incher! Hahaha!

Meet Stefan, my new "guy." Hahaha!

Yup, I finally took the plunge and decided to finally say goodbye to Angelomilco (the iBook G4).

Last Christmas, there was an Apple sale for employees and initially, I wanted to get the Pro. But I wasn't sure of how merry Christmas was going to be so even if I wanted to take advantage of the ZIP and reduced price promo, I had to let the sale come and go.

During the holiday season, I went around shops to canvas which shop had the best deal. The answer was just outside our office. Literally. I went to the A. Shop which had super friendly staff, and inquired. Tey told me that the Macbook white is probably a better option because of the bigger HD space (250GB vs. Pro 13's 160GB). The A. Shop guys also told me that the Macbook white was their best seller. In fact, there was a wait time.

So I put my name on the reserve, and that gave me just enough time to think and make the decision to go ahead and get it.

Last week, I got an email from the A. Shop guys telling me that "he" has arrived. So the second Friday of the year turned out to be a happy, really happy, day. Haha!

It's sort of a big deal for me, because it's my first big purchase when it comes to gadgets. And I had to think about it. If it were the LV Damier Graphite Keepall 55 though, it would be a whole different situation I tell you. Hehehe! By the way, that Keepall is way more expensive than the Macbook. Hehe!

When I finally got my hands on "him," the next concern was what to call him. Colleague Reena has "Lychee." And I have "Stefan." Hehe!

At first, I wanted to call him Kav or Joe from one of my fave books The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay. If I'm (Samuel) Clayman, then this new guy will be Joseph Kavalier.

But during my first weekend with him, the first DVD I watched on it was The Vampire Diaries, which colleague Rhyz lent to me. And I just fell in love with the series and the characters. Hahaha! Stefan seemed like the choice. Damon didn't do it for me. I thought Alaric was also good but I know how lazy people are with three-syllable names.

And that was it.

Welcome to my world, Stefan.

5 comments:

  1. malapit ko nang palitan yung "stefan" ko pero no name pa rin sya. nu kaya? hehe

    congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. citybuoy: thanks, thanks! super happy with him! hahaha!

    MkSurf8: goferit!!! :) what are you planning to get? the name will come, trust me. malalaman mo na lang na iyon na ang tamang name. parang jowa lang. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. id love to have my own Stefan someday :P talk about 13inches. SHIT. thats hot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Herbs. You'll get your own I'm sure. You just have to want it really bad. Yeah, 13 inches is HOT! Haha!

    ReplyDelete